To install Microsoft Windows support tools
- Insert the Windows Server 2003 CD in the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- When the CD opens, click Perform Additional Tasks.
- Click Browse this CD.
- Double-click Support.
- Double-click Tools.
- Double-click SUPTOOLS.MSI.
- Click Next, type your information in the Name and Organization boxes, click Next, and then click Next on the following screen.
- Click Next again to start the installation.
- Click Finish.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type cmd, and then click OK to open a command prompt.
- Type the following, where xxx.xxx.x.x is the IP address you want to add:
httpcfg set iplisten -i xxx.xxx.x.xWhen this succeeds, Httpcfg returns the following:HttpSetServiceConfiguration completed with 0To view additional status codes, see the Httpcfg help.
- After the IP address is added, use the following command to list it:
httpcfg query iplistenHttpcfg returns the following:IP: xxx.xxx.x.x
- From the command prompt, stop the HTTP service and its dependent services. To do this, type the following string at the command prompt:
net stop http /y
- From the command prompt, restart the HTTP service and it dependent services. To do this, type the following string at the command prompt:
net start w3svcNote When you start w3svc, all services that were stopped when HTTP was stopped will start.